5 Ways to Wellbeing
The 5 Ways to Wellbeing are five simple and effective ways to improve your psychological and emotional health. Research has shown that these tools can improve your happiness and resilience allowing you to function better in everyday life as well as more stressful situations.
- Connect: with the people around you including family, friends, colleagues & neighbours. At home, work, school or in your local community. Think of these as cornerstones of your life & invest time in developing them. Building these connections will support & enrich you every day.
- Give: do something nice for a friend, or a stranger. Thank someone. Smile. Volunteer your time. Join a community group. Seeing yourself, and your happiness, linked to the winder community can be incredibly rewarding & creates connections with the people around you.
- Keep learning: try something new. Rediscover an old interest. Sign up for a course. Take on a different responsibility at work. Set a challenge you will enjoy achieving. Learning new things will make you more confident as well as being fun.
- Be active: Swap your inactive pursuits with active ones. Walking, cycling, dancing, playing games. Being active makes you feel good. Most importantly, discover a physical activity you enjoy and that suits your level of mobility and fitness.
- Take notice: Be curious. Catch sight of the beautiful. Remark on the unusual. Notice the changing seasons. Savour the moment, whether you are walking to work, eating lunch or talking to friends. Be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling. Reflecting on your experiences will help you appreciate what matters most to you. For more information see https://5waystowellbeing.org.au/