Counselling – Do I Need It?
Do any of these statements sound familiar?
• I can handle it
• There are plenty of people worse off than me
• I just need to think positively
Even though you might be telling yourself these things, perhaps you are also wondering if you actually need counselling. Reaching out for help can be one of the hardest things to do, yet once we do, we wonder why we took so long.
Life will always throw challenges at us, and this year, for many people, has been particularly stressful. So how do you know if counselling would help? Here are some of the signs:
• Your appetite or sleeping habits change
• You feel stuck in a rut and can’t seem to get out of it
• You stop taking good care of yourself
• Your mood is consistently flat or you feel persistently stressed
• You keep thinking about counselling! Or family and friends have suggested counselling to you
If this sounds like you, there are options available – and they are local and free. Call Highlands Community Centres on 4862 1122 and one of our friendly staff members will refer you to the most appropriate service.
Lifeline counsellors are always available by phone 24/7 on 13 11 14.