No Interest Loan Scheme
The No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS) provides individuals and families on low incomes access to safe fair and affordable credit with no fees, no interest and no charges.
Loans for amounts of up to $1500 are available for essential goods and services. Once your NILS application is approved, repayments are set up at an affordable amount over 12 – 18 months.
No credit checks are made as this program is based on mutual trust and respect.
Do you qualify for NILS?
- Have a health care card/pension card or be on a low income
- Have lived at your current address for more than three months
- Show a willingness and capacity to repay
What are the loans for?
- Household items such as furniture, fridges, washing machines, stoves, dryers, freezers and heaters.
- Medical and dental services
- Educational purposes, eg. computers and textbooks
- Car registration, repairs and tyres
For more information:
Contact Lynn Brady, NILS Coordinator at Stafford Cottage on 02 4862 1122 or email@example.com.