No Interest Loans NILS No fees. No charges. Ever
No Interest Loans (NILS) provide individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loans are available for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines, car repairs and medical procedures for up to $1,500. Repayments are set at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
Loans are available for the purchase of essential goods and services these may include:
• Household items like fridges
washing machines, TVs and furniture
• Medical procedures and dental services
• Education essentials such as computers and text books
• Car repairs or registration
NILS does not include:
• I have a Health Care Card / Pension Card or earn less than $45,000 a year after tax ($60,000 for couples or people with dependants)
• I have lived at my current or previous address for at least 3 months
• I can show that I have a capacity to repay the loan
NILS isn’t a payday loan and it’s not a bank loan it is a process called ‘circular community credit’.
This means when a borrower makes a repayment to NILS, the funds are then available to someone else in the community.
It is worth considering a NILS loan first before seeking other expensive options for credit.
For further information relating to the NILS Program contact
Highlands Community Centres
02 4862 1122
0417 208 397