On Track is a free work readiness program for young people aged 16-20. The program aims to equip young people with practical and personal skills to prepare them for the workforce.
On Track includes:
- Work readiness: applying for work, resume preparation, interview skills, grooming, rights and responsibilities at work
- Health and wellbeing: healthy eating, fitness, mental health and seeking help
- Personal skills: confidence and self-esteem, communication skills and goal setting
- Training: barista training, white card, first aid (these are examples depending on the group), introduction to TAFE
- Work experience: up to 20 hours with a local business
Although work readiness is a significant part of the program, On Track is unique in that it looks at preparing the whole person for work – physically, socially and emotionally. Local businesses and agencies are involved in the program and sessions are delivered by specialised youth services including Youth Solutions and Bridges for Youth, Uniting. Rock and Water, a psycho-physical personal development program, is also an important part of On Track.
For more information and referrals, contact Nicole Blaik at Stafford Cottage on 4862 1122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.